WebServerResources path question

From: Johann Werner (j..yosys.de)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2009 - 11:48:36 EST

    Hi list,

    I switched to WO 5.4.3 recently and now I am seeing some strange
    behaviour for resource path generation. Using the new default fully
    embed and split install from WOLips I get a package for the webserver
    that has the structure:

    /WebObjects/<myapp>.woa/Contents/WebServerResources/
    /WebObjects/<myapp>.woa/Frameworks/<myframework>.framework/
    WebServerResources/

    But my app didn't find the framework resources. Looking at the URLs in
    the HTML documents the app is looking at

    /WebObjects/Frameworks/<myframework>.framework/WebServerResources/

    Before my switch to WO 5.4.3 and latest WOLips I used WO 5.3.3 and the
    split install script that Kieran posted on the wiki. I am quite sure
    that the structure of the webserver bundle was exactly the same as
    above. I resolved that problem temporarily by creating a link from /
    WebObjects/Frameworks/ to /WebObjects/<myapp>.woa/Frameworks/ or I
    could have moved the Frameworks folder but this is only useable if I
    have only one app deployed because as soon as I have several fully
    embedded apps I could (and surely will) have the same frameworks in
    different versions embedded. If WO looks for them in a unique
    Framework place there could only be one version of it. That sounds
    quite wrong to me.
    I am really puzzled to why that framework path changed. Was there a
    change in WO 5.4? Could it be a bug or am I to be blamed for botching
    my install?

    jw