Re: Bug in the new hotness, or my screwup?

From: Stamenkovic Florijan (flor38..ac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2009 - 08:53:00 EST

    On Jan 13, 2009, at 07:28, Anjo Krank wrote:

    > I'm not sure if using erprototype (or prototypes in general) work
    > even halfway reliably on their own. We fix quite a few issues in
    > load order of models, merging and others...

    Well, at the moment there is no way for erprototypes.eomodeld to work
    as it simply is not there.

    MyApp/dist/MyApp.woa/Contents/Frameworks/MyModel.framework/Resources/

    only contains my model, and not erprototypes. While

    MyModel/dist/MyModel.framework/Resources/
    and
    MyModel/Resources/

    contain both. This is not a runtime issue, it is definitively a build
    issue. Is there a reason that some of the contents of the Resources
    folder of an embedded framework should not be present in the end build
    result?

    As for using erprototypes.eomodeld without the rest of
    ERPrototypes.framework, I've done it before and have not had problems.
    I've read some about load ordering issues etc, but never bumped into
    them.

    > Also, erprototypes mainly exists for the examples, BugTracker and
    > ERCore. I use it occasionally, but mostly add a EOMyModelPrototypes
    > in the actual model.

    My I ask why? Also, to the rest of the list, is this a common
    practice? I thought that the common practice really was to simply add
    ERPrototypes.framework to the build path, and voila...

    What I really like about just using erprototypes.eomodeld is that
    WO5.4 should be able to autodetect the appropriate prototype entity
    based on the database currently used. Gives less to think about when
    switching databases...