Re: The requested application not found on this server

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2009 - 18:57:11 EST

    On 20/01/2009, at 10:03 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:

    > On Jan 19, 2009, at 2:59 PM, D Tim Cummings wrote:
    >
    >> Have you checked that the user you are running eclipse as is a
    >> member of _appserveradm and _appserverusr groups.

    No - I'm not sure why it would be.

    >> If you create a new admin user in Leopard I think it automatically
    >> puts you in these groups.

    Are you sure you've not set it up this way? This sounds unusual.

    >> If you have migrated the user from a Tiger installation then you
    >> are not in those groups.
    >
    > My user is not in those groups, and I can launch successfully:
    >
    > chuck$ groups
    > chuck _lpadmin admin
    >
    > My wotaskd is running as _appserver:
    >
    > COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
    > java 53 _appserver 8u IPv6 0x6bd5d90 0t0 TCP [::
    > 127.0.0.1]:webobjects (LISTEN)

    ip-144:~ ldeck$ groups ldeck
    ldeck _lpadmin com.apple.access_ssh com.apple.access_screensharing admin
    ip-144:~ ldeck$

    That lsof output is for your wotaskd right? I can't see anything
    similar.

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck