Re: Renaming component breaks editor

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2009 - 21:03:15 EST

    > So, things that should cause a validation check are not. This is
    > just a guess, but it _is_ a common fault pattern for this kind of
    > "partially-shimmed" technology.
    One of the nastier parts of validation which causes problems is less
    that the java file changes and the wo is not updated (this is
    relatively easy and we mostly have this right), but when a component
    (or api file) changes and you have to update all dependent
    components. We don't do this at all, because it's REALLY expensive to
    do. Either we have to maintain an index of all component dependencies
    (that we construct at build time or something) or we have to do a
    "full workspace scan" to find any possible references and revalidate
    them. That and just making validation anywhere close to "fast" in the
    first place ....

    ms