Re: The requested application not found on this server

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2009 - 23:28:53 EST

    On Jan 19, 2009, at 4:19 PM, Lachlan Deck wrote:

    > On 20/01/2009, at 11:04 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:
    >>
    >> Is Apache running as localhost?
    >>
    >> grep -i localhost /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
    >> ServerName localhost:80
    >>
    >> Not sure that makes any difference, but I do have that setup like
    >> that.
    >
    > It wasn't before. I tried adding it, stopped/started apache, wotask,
    > Eclipse .. no diff :-/
    >
    > Any thoughts on why I'm getting nothing in the adaptor logs for the
    > requests?

    The adaptor not being configured or loaded is the usual cause. As
    apps deployed in JavaMonitor are working for you, we can rule that
    out. Beyond that, I'd guess wrong path, wrong permissions, or wrong
    configuration. BUT you get logging from restarting Apache so that
    rules that out too.

    So... uh... hmmm....

    Is there any chance that Apache 1.3 is still running? I have seen one
    upgrade where both Apache 1.3 and Apache 2.2 were running. Apache 1.3
    was listening on port 80 and Apache 2.2 on some odd port. But that
    does not explain why deployed apps would work.

    When you deploy via JavaMonitor on that machine, what are you using
    for a host name in the requests? What is the host configured as in
    JavaMonitor? Is there any chance that your WO config is in a virtual
    host that is only getting used for deployed apps? If the default host
    was not configured for WO, you would get a 404 and nothing in
    WebObjects.log.

    Chuck

    > So checking the apache logs:
    > - error_log simply prints out the following on the request:
    > [Tue Jan 20 11:16:50 2009] [error] [client ::1] File does not
    > exist: /Library/WebServer/Documents/favicon.ico, referer: http://localhost/cgi-bin/WebObjects/myApp.woa/-51231
    >
    > access_log has this:
    > ::1 - - [20/Jan/2009:11:16:50 +1100] "GET /cgi-bin/WebObjects/
    > myApp.woa/-51231 HTTP/1.1" 404 99
    > ::1 - - [20/Jan/2009:11:16:50 +1100] "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 404
    > 209

    That looks pretty normal.

    Chuck

    --
    Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development