Re: The requested application not found on this server

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 18:05:32 EST

    On Jan 20, 2009, at 2:58 PM, Lachlan Deck wrote:

    > On 21/01/2009, at 8:59 AM, Lachlan Deck wrote:
    >
    >> On 20/01/2009, at 5:46 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:
    >>
    >>> What does http://localhost:1085 show when you launch the real app
    >>> from Eclipse?
    >>
    >> Nothing special/unusual. (attached)
    >>
    >>> Does wotaskd know about it?
    >>
    >> No.

    I had thought that the dev mode apps should appear in wotaskd. I am
    certain that they used to. But I have an app running here and wotaskd
    denies all knowledge of it. So I am baffled.

    >>> Are any of the launch config params different from the working,
    >>> vanilla app?
    >>
    >> Not really - but there's certainly a *lot* more properties defined
    >> in the app/frameworks.
    >> I guess I'll need to disable stuff one by one... I fear it's going
    >> to be something so simple - but it's the needle in the haystack
    >> right now :-/
    >
    > More data. The test app doesn't actually work either from Eclipse. I
    > was fooled into thinking it was. It simply has Hello World in the
    > Main component - but changing that to Hello World Again - still
    > shows Hello World *only* when the app in JavaMonitor is running!
    > When I kill the app in JavaMonitor I get the same result as before
    > (see subject).
    >
    > So the port number here is being completely ignored :-/
    > http://localhost/cgi-bin/WebObjects/TestFWKApp.woa/-57727
    >
    > So is there some preference in Eclipse/WOLips I need? Or is the
    > adaptor just not playing well?

    I think you have done something different from everyone else and you
    are not mentioning it, or we are not registering it. I think your
    issue is app <--> wotaskd communication. Maybe log out the wohost
    from your app after it starts up.

    Chuck

    --
    Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development