Re: The requested application not found on this server

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 18:09:54 EST

    On Jan 20, 2009, at 1:59 PM, Lachlan Deck wrote:

    > On 20/01/2009, at 5:46 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:
    >
    >> What does http://localhost:1085 show when you launch the real app
    >> from Eclipse?
    >
    > Nothing special/unusual. (attached)
    >
    >> Does wotaskd know about it?
    >
    > No.

    Well, that might be the root cause. The app launched in Eclipse
    should appear in this section:

    Notice the JavaMonitor instance.

    >> Are any of the launch config params different from the working,
    >> vanilla app?
    >
    > Not really - but there's certainly a *lot* more properties defined
    > in the app/frameworks.
    > I guess I'll need to disable stuff one by one... I fear it's going
    > to be something so simple - but it's the needle in the haystack
    > right now :-/

    Concentrate on anything connected with wotaskd communication: host,
    port, lifebeat...

    Ah! Ah ha! OK. I set WOLifebeatEnabled to false so wotaskd was not
    "seeing" it. But it still worked.... Not sure how that is working.
    At all. When I enabled it again, I can see my dev mode app:

    Yours in confusion,

    Chuck

    --
    Chuck Hill Senior Consultant / VP Development

    Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their
    overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific
    problems.