Re: The requested application not found on this server

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 19:00:22 EST

    On Jan 20, 2009, at 3:31 PM, Lachlan Deck wrote:

    > On 21/01/2009, at 10:09 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:
    >
    >> Concentrate on anything connected with wotaskd communication: host,
    >> port, lifebeat...
    >>
    >> Ah! Ah ha! OK. I set WOLifebeatEnabled to false so wotaskd was
    >> not "seeing" it.
    >
    > This is it!!
    >
    > I had it not ticked as I assumed that this was its default value.
    > Obviously, um, it's not. Turning it on as true works (so long as
    > WOLifebeatDestinationPort == 1085).
    >
    > The reason why I had as few as possible options ticked by default is
    > to attempt to mirror the deployment environment as much as possible.
    > Obviously I was a little aggressive :-)
    >
    > Thanks very much for your assistance!

    You are most welcome. But... now I am perplexed as to how it is
    working for me with this set to false.

    Ohhhhhh, right:

    # Substitute instance number in place of deployment through JavaMonitor
    RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Cadre.woa$ /cgi-bin/WebObjects/
    Cadre.woa/-3456 [last,passthrough]
    RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Cadre.woa/$ /cgi-bin/WebObjects/
    Cadre.woa/-3456 [last,passthrough]

    When I comment that out and disable the lifebeat, I can't get to my
    app any more. If I then re-enable those rewrite rules, I still can't
    get to my app. So something must have been cached. Enabling the
    lifebeat again brings my app back.

    Chuck

    --
    Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development