Re: WOLips can't load prototypes from jar anymore

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2009 - 16:52:50 EST

    On 28/01/2009, at 7:38 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    >> I don't have an answer for you, but this background may help...
    >> There was a problem in WO 5.4.2 (maybe earlier) with loading models
    >> from "jar" frameworks because WO put a "//" into the path
    >> somewhere. I registered a bug (early-mid 2008) and it was patched
    >> it in 5.4.3 as far as I know. Lachlan and I worked on the wolips-
    >> side patch for this (WOL-762 I think) and I think it has been
    >> applied -- Mike? I think Lachlan and I also got Mike to put in a
    >> patch for finding the ".api" files in jar frameworks sometime mid
    >> 2008 as well.
    > Those have all been applied ... I will start caring about jar
    > frameworks pretty soon, as some other people care about jar
    > frameworks who I now care about :)

    To paraphrase some cheerful character...
    You cut me deep, Mike. You cut me real deep just now. Y'know what I
    think? I think this whole non-jar thing is to try and keep somebody out.
    ;-)

    > So this will start being on my list of things I test.

    Yay!

    > It's very possible I introduced a regression in this code by accident.

    I'm on 3.4.5602 .. I've been holding off updating as I'd seen some
    people having a few problems with recent nightlies.

    I'll try and have a look today. Are you using WO5.4.3 Henrique?

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck