[MORE] Question on Validating Key Paths in Component Editor

From: Andrew Lindesay (ap..indesay.co.nz)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2009 - 00:07:48 EST

    Hello;

    A bit more information from a bit more digging –– the problem is
    producing log lines such as;

    > TypeCacheEntry.getTypeForName: Failed to resolve type name
    > QFooAccount; in component FooBar

    There are two classes (super and sub class in different packages)
    called "FooAccount" and the lookup in "TypeCache.TypeCacheEntry" is
    only searching by the name without a fully qualified package. This is
    only happening where a key-path is being followed from a root entity.
    So in the example given below, "aGrouping" is finding the correct
    class, but "aGrouping.accountOwner" is finding the wrong class.

    I guess I could rename the actual class name of the sub class to avoid
    this.

    cheers.

    > Moving to new hotness...and am having some problem with key path
    > validation;
    >
    > value = aGrouping.accountOwner.derivedWidgetAddressingTitle;
    >
    > The validator seems to find all of the model-defined keys off the
    > path "aGrouping.accountOwner", but appears not to be introspecting
    > the EO's java class to find the additional method;
    >
    > public String getDerivedAddressingTitle()
    >
    > This was working in the old stable under Eclipse 3.3 –– anything I
    > should look into?

    ___
    Andrew Lindesay
    www.lindesay.co.nz