Re: WOLips Development prefs

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2009 - 09:53:13 EST

    > Well I'm looking for discussion about how to enhance wolips as a
    > tool in order to make things workable for those not using ant etc or
    > allowing wolips to just work with legacy projects... without adding
    > problems to existing projects.
    I agree with Anjo, with one variation. We will support two project
    layouts going forward -- the Wonder style and the Maven style that
    Apple uses. My aim is NOT to make it easy for people to do whatever
    they want, it's to make WO and WOLips better for everyone.
    Standardization and consistency are two of the things that make things
    better. I will be happy if we REMOVE configuration options, not add
    more.

     From talking to a couple rails people, one of the best things about
    Rails is that every single rails app is organized in a consistent way.
    If you are hired to work on a rails app, you can come in and
    immediately you have your bearings. IMO, WO needs to learn some
    lessons here. The more options there are, the more options people will
    use, and the more confusing WO, and its tools, will become.

    ms