Re: WOLips Development prefs

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 08:09:22 EST

    >>> I could build my frameworks with this structure indeed.
    >
    > But if I add this framework to a wolips project, is src.jar
    > automatically filtered from the list of jars the framework provide?
    > I guess I have to omit src.jar from the NSJavaPath property of
    > Info.plist
    src doesn't need to be filtered because there are no class files in
    it, so it doesn't really impact anything (slightly slower NSBundle
    scan time probably).

    > I'd like something that means "build this java project as a
    > webobjects framework, and link to it like a webobjects framework,
    > even though it looks like a plain old java project"
    Again, if all you have is a regular java project, then you can already
    just link to the project and everything in it is available at runtime
    and WOLips doesn't really have anything to add to (or remove from)
    your situation. That's always worked and will continue to. The
    problem you will have is in deployment and packaging, and as far as I
    know, the WOFramework task can probably be wrangled to do what you
    want, but I'm not explicitly supporting that. The woproject building
    stuff is far less of my concern at the moment, and it's already mostly
    crappy, so if people want to provide patches to make it do more, I
    don't really care. Basically this is mostly outside the scope of
    WOLips (WOLips, being the Eclipse integration parts). Once things hit
    ant, which is where this lives, I turn off my care flag.

    > You're right, the solution for now is to add custom ant build steps
    > (This is what I do), but I'd like the wolips builder to handle this
    > situation as well.
    The WOLips builder doesn't deal with this.

    ms