Re: [SOLVED] Re: Ant can't see my framework project

From: Stamenkovic Florijan (flor38..ac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 16:35:04 EST

    On Feb 06, 2009, at 16:16, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > For Q at least this is true :) It's particularly funky/annoying
    > because building happens in ant, fully outside of Eclipse, not to
    > mention the whole topic of "freedom of choice" means that we can't
    > really presume much about your project -- for instance, if we
    > automatically kick off a build of your dependent projects, where
    > will the output of it go? Who knows ... it's a black box of an ant
    > file (btw, do you even have an ant file where we think it should
    > be? who knows). It's not a very high priority for me because I
    > don't build from Eclipse -- it's all Hudson and build server for me
    > at this point. That said, I've considered doing SOME work on this
    > with a custom ant task that makes a lot of assumptions about your
    > projects and can come close to making this work without becoming
    > Maven.

    Yes, I believe that it would be impossible to cross project boundaries
    without making many, many assumptions about project structure. In that
    sense perhaps it would work to isolate this in a separate target, so
    the default building process remains the same, but the option is there
    for those that can/want to use it?

    I believe that, assuming the default WOLips project layout in all
    relevant frameworks, this would be reasonably easy to make. Without
    that assumption, well, can't even imagine it.

    "freedom of choice".... ha ha, that's funny. I choose Fiji, the beach,
    some music, and a nice cold drink! ..... Nope, didn't work. Still
    soaking up radiation and loosing eyesight...