Re: Maven archtype project creation Webobjects 5.3.3 + Wonder support

From: Mr. G Brown (gsbrow..mich.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2009 - 15:19:17 EST

    Hi,

    Thanks for the help!

    On Feb 8, 2009, at 4:22 AM, Lachlan Deck wrote:

    > On 08/02/2009, at 1:57 AM, Mr. G Brown wrote:
    >
    >> I followed the wiki instructions and gave the below command:
    >>> 4.a. Build Wonder compatible with WO 5.3:
    >
    > Which wiki page are you referring to?

    http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Building+the+wonder
    +source+code+with+maven

    It refers to : Building instructions are in the file BUILD.txt at the
    top level of the CVS checkout.
    http://wonder.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/wonder/Wonder/BUILD.txt?
    revision=HEAD

    >>> mvn clean install -P wo53
    >>
    >> This ran without error and created a:
    >>> ./repository/wonder/core/ERExtensions/5.0.0-SNAPSHOT/
    >>> ERExtensions-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT-wo53.jar
    >>> ./repository/wonder/core/ERExtensions/5.0.0-SNAPSHOT/
    >>> ERExtensions-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
    >>> ./repository/wonder/core/ERExtensions/5.0.0-SNAPSHOT/
    >>> ERExtensions-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.woframework
    >>
    >> But, there is no
    >>> wonder.common:ERExtensions:jar:5.0.0-SNAPSHOT
    >>
    >> What is this wonder.common:Stuff ? is that defined for wonder 5.4.x ?
    >
    > No - it's a legacy definition. Just fix it in your pom to refer to
    > wonder.core...
    snip

    >> Does maven work with wonder 5.3 + wo 5.3.3 ?
    >
    > Assuming you've got WO5.3.3 in your repository (com.webobjects),
    > yes. (I'll try again now)

    I think there is some pom problem. Should not the ERExtensions-5.0.0-
    SNAPSHOT.pom somehow point to the ERExtensions-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT-wo53.jar ?

    Or should not the ERExtensions.framework be in the repository? or is
    a .framework the same as a .jar?

    I am sure it is something simple which keeps the dependancy from
    being satisfied, but I have some maven reading to do.....

    >> BTW, the wiki instructs:
    >>>
    >> svn co https://wonder.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wonder
    >> But that downloads everything, all branches + trunk ! Should not
    >> the wiki instruct one to :
    >
    >> svn co https://wonder.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wonder/trunk
    >

    > It's helpful to mention which wiki page. Do you mean this one?
    > http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WONDER/Download
    > +Wonder+Source%2C+Build+and+Install
    >
    > If so I've updated it. If you see something on the wiki that needs
    > fixing - feel free to do so.
    >
    > with regards,
    > --
    >
    > Lachlan Deck

    Yes, you fixed svn checkouts, that will save some bandwidth. I feel
    empowered now to hopefully improve the documentation, and will.

    Thanks for your help.

    Greg