Re: WOProject: First Time Maven User

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 15 2009 - 17:37:17 EST

    Hi Dov,

    On 16/02/2009, at 9:08 AM, Dov Rosenberg wrote:

    > We are considering a swap over to Maven for our build system and I
    > had some
    > questions:

    pre-requisite plugins
    - either m2eclipse (http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/)
    - or q4e (http://code.google.com/p/q4e/, http://eclipse.org/iam)

    Readings:
    - http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Quick+Start
    - http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Maven+Create+WO+Application+Project

    > * How do I create a Maven enabled project for Eclipse for a
    > WOFramework?
    > I see there is a woapplication-archetype. Is there something similar
    > for
    > WOFrameworks?

    So to create a brand new framework follow the same instructions as the
    above for creating a project. Rather than choosing woapplication-
    archetype use woframework-archtype.

    If you've done this via the command line, for example, then in Eclipse
    you can import > Maven Projects.

    If you happen to manually added the pom file to your project and want
    to enable maven then right click and choose Maven > Enable Dependency
    Management to enable the maven build nature.

    > * We just started using Project Wonder – is that stored in the
    > repository as
    > well? Is there any special archetyes for Project Wonder?

    It's not currently being built to a shared repository. However it's
    quite possible to build/install Wonder via maven to your local
    repository. This is possible to do now but that stores it as a 5.0.0-
    SNAPSHOT which can obviously change. So when you want to store it as a
    specific version (e.g., 5.0.0.svn#) then this just takes a bit of
    regex before running the build. I've previously been downloading the
    built jars from mdimdension but these have turned out to be wrong for
    5.4. Thus I'm just about done with a script to do this. Ping me in a
    day.

    If someone had the bandwidth and was willing to host the maven-repo
    then it could be accessible for everyone. But you'll want your own
    repo anyway...

    As you've got questions, fire away. I need to flesh out some more
    stuff on the wiki.

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck