Re: Using jar version of frameworks with WOLips?

From: Andrew Lindesay (ap..indesay.co.nz)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2009 - 14:52:58 EST

    Hello Ken;

    Lachlan and I had to patch a couple of things in wolips. I seem to
    remember this including the loading of associated models from inside
    jar frameworks as well as finding component ".api" files inside jar
    files etc... etc... it is all in the stable now as Mike and Q have
    applied those patches. Basically it works really well for me. To
    make life easier, I have my own ant task which extends the standard
    "Jar" / "Zip" task included with ant. This task does the WebObjects
    packaging for me to build my jar frameworks (This is open-source) and
    then I use the standard "WOApplication" task included in woproject for
    building applications. I find using "jar" files is quite nice and
    straight-forward.

    cheers.

    >> I'm pretty sure that the only people who use jar frameworks also
    >> use maven.
    > Likely to be near the mark. However, I do believe that Andrew
    > Lindesay uses jar frameworks also. I believe he's not using maven.
    > There may be a few others (less vocal)...

    ___
    Andrew Lindesay
    www.lindesay.co.nz