Re: Using jar version of frameworks with WOLips?

From: Bill Michell (bill.michel..ooglemail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2009 - 05:21:12 EST

    2009/2/17 Q <qdola..mail.com>

    > On 18/02/2009, at 4:20 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >
    > jar support is a second class citizen right now in wolips, though it
    >> should work, and WOBootstrap currently does not support nested jars, which
    >> means you need to handle the custom build process yourself if you have jars
    >> in your frameworks .... or, i guess, maven ... pick your poison. I'm pretty
    >> sure that the only people who use jar frameworks also use maven.
    >>

    > and/or they deploy their apps as WAR's to a servlet container.

    Nope. I use jar frameworks embedded and a standard WOTaskd installation to
    run the apps on a Windows box. I must be a sucker for punishment. I use a
    custom ant script, but using the standard woproject tasks.

    There is an issue with the way embedded resources are located in the jar
    frameworks, I think due to a bug in the way the jar URLs are constructed on
    Windows, but it doesn't break enough to stop the applications from working.

    I wouldn't recommend this for a new project, though.

    --
    bill.michel..ooglemail.com
    bil..ics.org.uk