Re: debug build classpath problem

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2009 - 00:12:29 EST

    On 19/02/2009, at 3:34 PM, Q wrote:

    > On 19/02/2009, at 11:44 AM, Lachlan Deck wrote:
    >
    >> got a problem with my colleague's Eclipse. When running from
    >> Eclipse it's not picking up the frameworks on the classpath (i.e.,
    >> Properties files, EOModels, not being loaded). It doesn't make
    >> sense. I've created a fresh workspace, imported the projects ..
    >> still the same problem. Works fine on mine. Makes no sense at all.
    >
    > Is eclipse not finding the frameworks and you have build path issue,

    Eclipse finds them just fine. The project(s) build fine.

    > or is the app not running correctly even though everything looks ok?

    Correct. The framework bundles are not being loaded during startup.

    > What errors are you getting, if any?

    Essentially I'm getting an npe from something as simple as:
    EOModelGroup.defaultGroup().entityNamed(Foo).name();

    Some of the frameworks (esp the ones with model files) aren't getting
    laoded at all. Whilst Wonder prints out all the properties found - the
    properties files for those bundles are completely missing. Very strange.

    I've set up a brand new workspace on a different machine, copied over
    my eclipse app and it works. The other machine (the one he really
    needs to use) is giving me grief :-/

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck