Questions about WOMonitor

From: Stamenkovic Florijan (flor38..ac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2009 - 09:22:33 EST

    Hi all,

    I've been doing remote deployment of a very young (constantly worked
    on) system lately. It made me think about: automation. What is a major
    obstacle is the need to manually shut down an app's instances when
    updating that app, and restart them afterwards. So, I am wondering if
    there is a way to automate (in a headless way) this...

    Questions:

    1. Can WOMonitor receive control input via:
            a.) Direct actions
            b.) Java commands (would require a separate port to receive Java RMI
    through, I don't think this is built into it)
            c.) Other...
    2. If not, then why not? I guess it's a reasonably complex thing to
    make, but AFAICS completely within the realm of possibility.
    3. Does the Wonder monitor improve upon the original on this?
    4. What are the best practices / strategies for this situation?