Re: Questions about WOMonitor

From: Pascal Robert (prober..acti.ca)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2009 - 09:53:44 EST

    Le 09-02-19 à 09:42, Mike Schrag a écrit :

    >> 1. Can WOMonitor receive control input via:
    >> a.) Direct actions
    > I believe you talk to wotaskd with the woml request handler? but
    > yes, you can automate it -- that's how JavaMonitor works -- it's all
    > web services talking to taskd
    >
    >> 4. What are the best practices / strategies for this situation?
    > there are some examples of using capistrano for deployment on the
    > wiki, though i don't think it does taskd automation

    True. I'm reading the page

            http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WO/Web+Applications-Deployment-Capistrano+%28Overview%29

    and this is the kind of stuff that can be done with standard shell
    scripts. One way to automate deployment would be to make the same
    steps as explained in the wiki page, but you kill the app with the
    "kill" command before moving the new app at the correct location. But
    it won't be a clean shutdown like wotaskd will do.