Re: wocomponent wizard preview

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2009 - 15:18:17 EST

    On 24/02/2009, at 7:00 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:

    > On Feb 23, 2009, at 11:55 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >
    >>> HTML File Components go directly in Resources/ or have to be under
    >>> a .wo/ directory?
    >> Resources

    >>> Is there any need to show it, if there is only one? Is this not
    >>> also set at the project level for Maven projects?
    >> Well, it's mostly true, though i suppose you could CONCEIVABLY have
    >> test components that you only generate in dev and not in
    >> deployment. I was willing to give in on this one just to not have
    >> to think to hard about the alternative uses.
    >
    > I have two source folders, one for real source and one for unit
    > tests. They have the same package structure which allows for
    > "friendly" member access while keeping the code free of test
    > clutter. That said, I rarely (never?) make test components. But as
    > I have two source folders, I am willing to have to see a place to
    > select the source folder. If I only have one folder, why do I need
    > to select it? Or am I missing something here?

    We have override components per host in addition to the defaults. As I
    mentioned before, the default option is selected already. But for
    those times when *you* know better than the wizard you have the choice.

    Here's an updated screenie:
    - available encodings drop-down lists the keys for
    Charset.availableCharsets().keySet() - defaulting to UTF-8
    - removed options deemed unnecessary (modifiers, method stubs, comments)
    - auto-selecting and disabling the WOO checkbox (sorry Andrew - could
    be a preference)

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck