Re: wocomponent wizard preview

From: Q (qdola..mail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2009 - 23:37:29 EST

    On 24/02/2009, at 9:26 AM, Lachlan Deck wrote:

    > On 24/02/2009, at 9:27 AM, Q wrote:
    >
    >> On 24/02/2009, at 2:16 AM, John Huss wrote:
    >>
    >>> +1 for simplicity.
    >>>
    >>> Would it be possible have a default value for "package" which is
    >>> the same package as Main.java?
    >>
    >> From memory the current wizard might already do this, and is also
    >> slightly smarter than that again. It should default the package to
    >> the package of the component that was selected before you ran new
    >> wocomponent, failing that, if you selected a folder I think it
    >> actually looks in the folder and uses the same package as the first
    >> wo component it finds in there. So when organising components into
    >> folders and corresponding packages the first one you create in a
    >> new folder may not have the desired package as the default, but
    >> every one after that should.
    >
    > Now auto-populating the package... (some extra tweaking will come)

    Looking better. Here are a few thoughts using mike's red pen:

    Picture_5.jpg

    - There is no validation failure reason for not being able to click
    finish.
    - Providing a no content option in the doctype combo could possibly
    eliminate the need for the doctype checkbox.
    - Remove the WOO checkbox, if you can't change it you don't need to
    show it.
    - Remove the API checkbox, this is pretty useless without custom
    templates, it would otherwise be empty, and it's created on demand
    anyway.
    - The encoding combo can probably shrink down a bit now after dropping
    the NSOverlyVerboseObjectiveCEncodingNames.
    - Package textbox is shorter? Is this the max length java allows? Why
    not the same length as superclass?
    - How many people are honestly going to need or use interfaces with a
    wocomponent, ever? Regular java classes I use them often, but never
    for wocomponents.

    --
    Seeya...Q

    Quinton Dolan - qdola..mail.com Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (GMT+10) Ph: +61 419 729 806