Re: wocomponent wizard preview

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2009 - 02:40:03 EST

    On 24/02/2009, at 3:37 PM, Q wrote:

    > On 24/02/2009, at 9:26 AM, Lachlan Deck wrote:
    >>

    >> Now auto-populating the package... (some extra tweaking will come)
    >
    > Looking better.

    :)

    > Here are a few thoughts using mike's red pen:
    >
    > - There is no validation failure reason for not being able to click
    > finish.

    This seems to be the standard behaviour upon first opening the wizard
    (otherwise the description goes away immediately). If I prepopulate
    the field with 'YourComponent' that'll do what you want - but I much
    prefer a blank field. The cursor is of course in the name field
    awaiting input.

    > - Providing a no content option in the doctype combo could possibly
    > eliminate the need for the doctype checkbox.
    > - Remove the WOO checkbox, if you can't change it you don't need to
    > show it.
    > - Remove the API checkbox, this is pretty useless without custom
    > templates, it would otherwise be empty, and it's created on demand
    > anyway.

    We're going to have to compromise somewhere. I think I've done so
    enough.

    > - The encoding combo can probably shrink down a bit now after
    > dropping the NSOverlyVerboseObjectiveCEncodingNames.

    It could - but then the alignment of things ain't as neat. Something
    along the attached lines (I'll clean it up later .. it's starting to
    look messy now):

    > - Package textbox is shorter? Is this the max length java allows?
    > Why not the same length as superclass?

    This is because when you have nothing selected it shows (default) to
    the right of it in a label (this is inherited behaviour at present).
    But I agree it could be done nicer. e.g., show 'default' in grey
    within the textfield.

    > - How many people are honestly going to need or use interfaces with
    > a wocomponent, ever? Regular java classes I use them often, but
    > never for wocomponents.

    This stays.

    with regards,

    --