Re: wocomponent wizard preview

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2009 - 18:21:17 EST

    On Feb 24, 2009, at 5:18 PM, Lachlan Deck wrote:

    > On 25/02/2009, at 4:00 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >
    >>> Are you thinking of using this for templates? e.g. No Content,
    >>> Full Page, My Custom Template etc?
    >>
    >> see http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Custom+Project+Templates
    >> for most of the nitty gritty (the same underlying system is being
    >> used here)
    >>
    >> <...>
    >> The cool thing with this, which is also nice w/ the project
    >> templates, is that you can just drop your own custom ones into the
    >> Library/App Support/WOLips/Component Templates folder, or even
    >> override the built-in ones, and they will appear in the picker. I
    >> actually think this system, or something like it, should be built
    >> into Eclipse, because it makes it so much easier to make codeless
    >> custom templates (ala Xcode).
    >
    > Thanks. I was considering (for html templates) just utilising the
    > build-in web html templates. But you'd prefer they were sucked into
    > the wolips plugin?
    Those only address HTML templates, and not component bundle templates,
    plus they don't support overrides outside of eclipse, so if you're in
    a team environment, keeping these up-to-date is a pain compared to
    just having regular folders in your App Support/WOLips folders (or per-
    project like Chuck requested). The big whammy, though, is that those
    aren't ours, and I guess you only have them because you installed WTP
    plugins maybe? I don't have a Web prefs top level entry, so I'm
    assuming that's WTP, and if so, that project is the devil.

    ms