Re: [SOLVED] Re: Ant can't see my framework project

From: Stamenkovic Florijan (flor38..ac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2009 - 08:47:32 EST

    On Feb 06, 2009, at 17:35, Stamenkovic Florijan wrote:

    > I believe that, assuming the default WOLips project layout in all
    > relevant frameworks, this would be reasonably easy to make. Without
    > that assumption, well, can't even imagine it.

    Another thought that came from under this morning's shower... A layer
    of abstraction could solve this. If there were project properties that
    pointed to the build process and end result destination, then it would
    be possible to have any sort of a build system within the framework
    accessible from the outside. Of course, it would have to be one of the
    known and understandable builds (ant, maven, whatnot), but besides
    that, it could work...

    What I see as benefits:
    1. Exposing relevant information to external projects / builds
    2. With defaults it would not ask for any additional work from those
    that use the default project layout / build process
    3. For those that do not: it would be tweakable and quite simple to
    make it all work
    4. Non-invasive: if you do not use it, it does not bother you
    5. It would make the embedding process quite simple

    Shortcomings:
    1. Possibly another thing to maintain (if you do not use the standards
    but want the benefits of this)
    2. More project properties
    3. It might be difficult to evaluate if a project's properties that
    define this conform to the actual setup. Perhaps an "Export" checkbox
    would be required to make sure users can turn this feature on / off.

    What do you think?