Re: How to determine what component the action came from?

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Mon Mar 02 2009 - 22:09:48 EST

    On Mar 2, 2009, at 6:50 PM, amiel montecillo wrote:

    > Hello list,
    >
    > I am trying to understand the invokeAction process.
    >
    > I have a component (CRUD component) with 2 (WOHyperlink)
    > subcomponents which are a "Delete" and "Update" hyperlink.
    >
    > I am overriding the invokeAction method on the CRUD component to
    > catch the action fired on the 2 subcomponents.
    >
    > On the CRUD.invokeAction method, how can I determine that the action
    > request came from the "Delete" or "Update" hyperlink?

    WIthout resorting to hacks, you cannot. I don't think that you
    should either. That is violating the design of WO. Each component
    handle's its own actions, it does not steal them from others. The
    hyperlink subcomponents should trigger the action in the CRUD
    component when their action is triggered.

    This is also a webobject-dev list question, not a WOLips question.
    Keeping questions on the correct list helps people searching the
    archives.

    Chuck

    --
    Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development