Re: ERExtension.framework vs ERExtensions-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

From: Henrique Prange (hprang..mail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 11 2009 - 12:24:36 EDT

    Hi Greg,

    First off, have you been using Maven in your project?

    Greg Brown wrote:

    > There appears to be a difference. If I put ERExtensions.jar on the
    > classpath, I have different problems like:

    Where is this ERExtensions.jar from?

    >> No ERX_MARKER field in NSMutableArray found.
    >> This means your class path is incorrect. Adjust it so that
    >> ERExtensions come before JavaFoundation.
    >>

    > Using order and export" I put ERExtensions-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar first.

    How did you get this ERExtensions-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar? Did you build
    Wonder with Maven?

    > And no matter how much time one spends, the only way (for Wonder D2W
    > app) to get things working is to not use the .jar and use the .framework
    > instead.

    I use the jars produced by Maven (ERExtensions-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar)
    without problems in D2W applications.

    > I use the jar inspector and the jar has all the right stuff, as far as I
    > can tell.
    >
    > The other framework / jar substitutions seem to work.
    >
    > Why?
    >
    > In general what about these frameworks packaged as jars? Are they
    > unloved bastard children of Maven? Are they planned to work...someday..?

    Actually, Wonder libraries built by Maven does work for me for a long
    time. I need more information about how exactly you get the
    ERExtensions-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to help you.

    Cheers,

    Henrique