Re: ERExtension.framework vs ERExtensions-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

From: gsbrow..mich.edu
Date: Wed Mar 11 2009 - 14:37:32 EDT

    Hi Henrique,

    On Mar 11, 2009, at 12:24 PM, Henrique Prange wrote:

    Hi Greg,

    First off, have you been using Maven in your project?

    Trying to. Maven has a good future :>)

    Greg Brown wrote:

    There appears to be a difference. If I put ERExtensions.jar on
    the classpath, I have different problems like:

    Where is this ERExtensions.jar from?

    The jar is built by Maven, installed in .m2

    No ERX_MARKER field in NSMutableArray found. This means your
    class path is incorrect. Adjust it so that ERExtensions come
    before JavaFoundation.

    Using order and export" I put ERExtensions-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
    first.

    How did you get this ERExtensions-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar? Did you
    build Wonder with Maven?

    Yes,

    And no matter how much time one spends, the only way (for Wonder
    D2W app) to get things working is to not use the .jar and use the
    .framework instead.

    I use the jars produced by Maven
    (ERExtensions-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) without problems in D2W
    applications.

    I use the jar inspector and the jar has all the right stuff, as
    far as I can tell.

    The other framework / jar substitutions seem to work. Why? In
    general what about these frameworks packaged as jars? Are they
    unloved bastard children of Maven? Are they planned to
    work...someday..?

    Actually, Wonder libraries built by Maven does work for me for a
    long time. I need more information about how exactly you get the
    ERExtensions-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to help you.

    I am making frameworks to separate out the eomodels and DB stuff,
    the frameworks all built by Maven. Just to check and see if the
    frameworks work, I made a D2W app and referenced the eomodel
    frameworks.

    Here there are choices!

    The eomodel frameworks can be linked to by:
    source, as a
    "project framework", as a
    "local framework" or be
     installed in the .m2/repository via mvn install.

    I tried linking to my eomodel frameworks both as a source, and a
    "project framework".

    Now the Wonder D2W app needs to link to a bunch of Wonder
    frameworks, so I here made a "user library" called
    m2-ERXtensionsCore, and added the jars from .m2/repository for
    all the erxtensions under core. I like how Maven keeps track of
    exactly which version of software is being used, which is why I
    linked to the jars in .m2. So the ERExtensions-X.jar I tried to
    use is a jar in a "user library" . I couldn't get that to work,
    but if I moved the ERExtensions.framework to /Library/Frameworks/
    then everything worked.

    That is why I wondered what the difference was between a jar
    framework and a regular framework, and how these tools treat
    them.

    Thanks for any info!

    Cheers,

    Henrique