Re: ERExtension.framework vs ERExtensions-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

From: Henrique Prange (hprang..mail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 12 2009 - 20:50:41 EDT

    Hi Greg,

    gsbrow..mich.edu wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is this a bug? or am I doing something crazy?
    >
    > 1. Make FBL D2W app

    OK.

    > 2. Add or link to some eomodel

    Move this step to the end of the list. After you have successfully ran
    an D2W application. It doesn't make any difference at this moment.

    > 3. Remove the ERExtensions framework...

    Remove all WebObjects and Wonder frameworks from the project's build path.

    > ...replace it with a ERExtensions jar on the classpath

    Don't do that.

    3.1. Create a pom.xml file into the project.
    3.2. Add the required dependencies (ERExtensions must be the first).
    3.3. Turn on the Maven integration (right click, Maven -> Enable
    Dependency Management).

    > 4. Adjust the classpath so ERExtensions is before most other frameworks.

    You don't have to care about it. Just put ERExtensions dependency in the
    first place on dependencies list.

    I followed those steps and produced a sample project for you (attached).
    The application started without problems on my machine. You could try to
    import the d2w-sample into your workspace and see if the application works.

    Cheers,

    Henrique