Re: Frameworkjars: A wonder issue?

From: Greg Brown (gsbrow..mich.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 21:35:18 EDT

    On Mar 17, 2009, at 4:09 PM, Henrique Prange wrote:

    > Hi Greg and Mike,
    >
    > I've checked some old Wonder builds on my machine and the Jars
    > produced by Ant don't follow the NSJarBundle requirements. They don't
    > have the Resources/Info.plist file inside. So, the Wonder
    > initialization code doesn't load those frameworks. (And you get an
    > error while running the application Greg).

    I get the same result (failure) if I use maven to build the jars
    which I then use. (Yes following the wiki instructions.) I didn't
    want to bring Maven into this NSJarBundle framework question, as that
    shouldn't have any thing to do with this question

    I guess that:

    1. maven does something special? with these frameworkjars so that
    maven projects can use frameworkjars; other projects cannot use
    frameworkjars.

    2. The NSJarBundle frameworks only work with that WOServletAdaptor
    thingy ?

    3. ???

    In any event, it is not a Wonder (3rd party framework) issue?

    I want to Wonder-fy my projects, but some things are not so clear,
    and nobody wants some problem to sneak up from behind and bite one.

    I'll now swicth to different Wonder questions.

    Thanks,

    > Cheers,
    >
    > Henrique

    >>> The short answer: the Wonder builds of the jars on mdimension
    >>> don't work
    >>> properly (at least for WO54) as they're not built correctly.
    >>
    >> are they building wrong or is the build script just wrong? i
    >> always thought
    >> it was just that the wonder build script for this was wrong ...
    >>
    >> ms

    Greg Brown
    gsbrow..mich.edu