Re: Frameworkjars: A wonder issue?

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 21:56:54 EDT

    On 18/03/2009, at 12:35 PM, Greg Brown wrote:

    > On Mar 17, 2009, at 4:09 PM, Henrique Prange wrote:
    >
    >> I've checked some old Wonder builds on my machine and the Jars
    >> produced by Ant don't follow the NSJarBundle requirements. They don't
    >> have the Resources/Info.plist file inside. So, the Wonder
    >> initialization code doesn't load those frameworks. (And you get an
    >> error while running the application Greg).
    >>
    > I get the same result (failure) if I use maven to build the jars
    > which I then use. (Yes following the wiki instructions.) I didn't
    > want to bring Maven into this NSJarBundle framework question, as
    > that shouldn't have any thing to do with this question
    >
    > I guess that:
    >
    > 1. maven does something special? with these frameworkjars so that
    > maven projects can use frameworkjars; other projects cannot use
    > frameworkjars.

    No, I'm quite certain you're doing something very out of the ordinary.
    Maven uses the jars/dependencies referenced in your pom. No tricks.

    So as to stop this guessing game from going further can you please
    send me a copy of your project.

    IIRC Henrique sent you a project that works. Did you use it?

    > In any event, it is not a Wonder (3rd party framework) issue?

    It is indeed something to do with which jars you've installed and how
    you're referencing them.

    > I want to Wonder-fy my projects, but some things are not so clear,
    > and nobody wants some problem to sneak up from behind and bite one.
    >
    > I'll now swicth to different Wonder questions.

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck