[ANN] WOCommunity Maven Repository

From: Henrique Prange (hprang..mail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 18 2009 - 12:31:57 EDT

    Hello,

    The WOProject and the Wonder teams are pleased to announce the new Maven
    repository for WebObjects developers.

    The WOCommunity Maven Repository is a place to host all the WOProject
    Maven plug-ins + Wonder libraries. You can browse and search for
    artifacts through the nice Nexus interface by accessing [1]. You should
    update your settings.xml to reflect the change. Attached is an example
    of how the configuration should look.

    If you already use Maven, now you don't need to download the Wonder
    source and build with Maven to get the required dependencies into your
    local repository. You can declare Wonder SNAPSHOT dependencies in the
    project's pom.xml and run Maven with the -U option to automatically
    download the latest SNAPSHOT build. Wonder SNAPSHOTs will be deployed to
    WOCommunity repository as soon as a change is committed into the SVN
    repository.

    If you need to make a release of your project, Maven will require fixed
    versions (non SNAPSHOT) for your dependencies. The new repository also
    contains releases of Wonder, starting with 5.0.0-r9050. 'r9050' is the
    SVN revision used to make the Wonder release. Wonder releases will be
    made periodically (biweekly or monthly - not defined yet).

    I would like to thank Lachlan Deck for his research and the patch that
    make the deployment of Wonder releases possible, Pascal Robert for
    offering the WOCommunity server to host the service and the Moleque de
    Idéias team for providing support and hardware in this initial phase.

    Enjoy!

    [1] http://maven.wocommunity.org

    Cheers,

    Henrique

    PS: We really recommend you to use a Repository Manager to act as a
    proxy of the WOCommunity Maven Repository. This way we save bandwidth
    and you avoid problems if the repository become unavailable for some reason.