Wonder based framework project

From: Dov Rosenberg (drosenber..nquira.com)
Date: Wed Mar 18 2009 - 23:01:54 EDT

    I am finally getting around to updating our build files now that we have
    moved over to Project Wonder. Our build files have not really changed in
    several years. We are trying to move over to Ganymede and the latest WOLips
    and were having some problems trying to run from Eclipse. We normally deploy
    our applications as servlets.

    I created a brand new Wonder Framework project using WOLips 3.4.5594 so I
    could see what the new build.xml file and project structure looked like. I
    made some slight mods for our environment.

    When I try running the build from the command line outside of eclipse I get
    this error:

     frameworks doesn't support the "eclipse" attribute

    If I try running the build inside Eclipse I get compile errors where it
    looks like none of the WebObjects or Project Wonder frameworks are found.
    Our source tree includes the relevant WebObjects and Project Wonder
    Frameworks ­ so we can build on external systems without WO installed.

    I suspect my problems are related to the paths where WOLips is trying to
    find the WO and Wonder Frameworks. It looks like they are defined in the
    wolips.properties file. Can someone help me figure out the correct settings
    for the wolips.properties file? It doesnąt seem like I can use relative
    paths here. Seems like they have to be fully qualified pathes to work.

    Any help or thoughs are appreciated

    Dov Rosenberg

    Source tree layout:

            MyFramework <-- our utilities framework
        MyModel <-- our model framework
        MyApplication <--- our main app code
        Jars <--- external jars that we use
        WebObjects <-- the WO and Wonder frameworks we use
        wolips.properties

    My <wocompile> node inside the MyFramework build.xml compile target looks
    like:

    <wocompile srcdir="src" destdir="bin">
      <frameworks root="ProjectLocal" embed="false" eclipse="true" />
    <frameworks root="External" embed="false" eclipse="true" /> <frameworks
    root="Local" embed="false" eclipse="true" /> <frameworks root="User"
    embed="false" eclipse="true" /> <frameworks root="System" embed="false"
    eclipse="true" /> <frameworks root="Network" embed="false" eclipse="true"
    /> <classpath> <fileset dir="../Jars"> <-- all of our dependant jars
    are in a subfolder one level above called Jars <include name="*.jar"
    /> </fileset> <fileset dir="${wo.extensions}"> <include

    Here is my wolips.properties that I included in the MyFramework build.xml

    wo.system.root=/System
    wo.user.frameworks=WebObjects
    wo.system.frameworks=/System/Library/Frameworks
    wo.bootstrapjar=/System/Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications/wotaskd.woa/WOBo
    otstrap.jar
    wo.network.frameworks=/Network/Library/Frameworks
    wo.api.root=/Developer/ADC%20Reference%20Library/documentation/WebObjects/Re
    ference/API/
    wo.network.root=/Network
    wo.extensions=/Library/WebObjects/Extensions
    wo.user.root=WebObjects
    wo.local.frameworks=/Library/Frameworks
    wo.apps.root=/Library/WebObjects/Applications
    wo.local.root=/