EOGen-Templates an javaEnum

From: Johann Werner (j..yosys.de)
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 06:04:06 EDT

    Hi,

    I just tried to use the new javaEnum prototypes. I have an entity A
    that has an inner enum E. In Entity Modeler I am setting the class of
    my attribute to my.package.name.A$E. Unfortunately EOGenerator then
    produces class files that have the '$' in the type name which Eclipse
    doesn't like. For example I am getting with the stock Wonder templates:

    public final ERXKey<my.package.name.A$E> STATUS = new
    ERXKey<my.package.name.A$E>("status");

    with an error 'my.package.name.A$E cannot be resolved to a type'.

    If I replace the '$' with a '.' everything is ok. I tried to figure
    out how to tell EOGenerator to replace that string but I had no
    success so far. Before digging deeper into Velocity&Co I wanted to ask
    if someone did resolve this problem already or could point me into the
    right direction to achieve this in the EOGen templates.

    Apparently I am doing something wrong or different as no one seems to
    have had this problem before on the list. Shouldn't I make enums inner
    classes (that makes more sense to me though as the enum is a specific
    piece of information directly related to the entity)?

    jw