Re: Project Template Questions

From: David Avendasora (webobject..vendasora.com)
Date: Tue Apr 07 2009 - 11:16:58 EDT

    On Apr 7, 2009, at 10:57 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    >> 1) I want to include my EOGenerator templates in the project but
    >> since they contain velocity tags, the templating engine is trying
    >> to process them which, of course, horribly breaks them. Is there
    >> any way to tell the templating engine to ignore certain files in
    >> the template folder?
    > Try naming the file "yourfile.eogen__binary" and see if that fixes it.

    I renamed them to "_Entity__binary" and "Entity_binary" and it works
    perfectly (I leave off the .java extension because I don't want the
    superclass template hidden along with the other _Entity.java files by
    the filter).

    Thanks Mike!

    I'll update the Wiki tutorial with a warning along the lines of "If
    there are any files (EOGenerator Templates for example) that you don't
    want processed by the Project Templating Engine, they you must add
    "__binary" to the end of their file names. The templating engine will
    strip the "__binary" off at run-time, but otherwise leave the files
    untouched."

    >> 2) Is there a way to automatically add the EOModels chosen in the
    >> New Project Wizard to the .eogen file? I don't control this part
    >> of the wizard, so I don't know what velocity tag(s) to use in
    >> the .eogen file.
    > No, but I think this part of the wizard is kind of weird and doesn't
    > make sense anyway. Who ever starts a new project but already has an
    > eomodel file?

    Setting up tutorials and such is about all I can think of.

    Dave