Re: woproject-ant-tasks appstart script doubt

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Thu May 07 2009 - 20:49:42 EDT

    On May 7, 2009, at 4:56 PM, Henrique Prange wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've found something that left me in doubt while investigating some
    > problems related with the WOFrameworksBaseURL property.

    I don't think that I have ever used this and I'm not immediately sure
    what it is for. But anyway....

    > The woproject-ant-tasks module has two templates for the application
    > start-up file.
    >
    > src/resources/woapp/Contents/MacOS/appstart:
    >
    > [...]
    > echo ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE} ... ${COMMAND_LINE_ARGS}..
    > WOFrameworksBaseURL@
    > eval exec ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE} ... ${COMMAND_LINE_ARGS}..
    > WOFrameworksBaseURL@
    >
    > src/resources/woapp_52/Contents/MacOS/appstart:
    >
    > [...]
    > echo ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE} ... ${COMMAND_LINE_ARGS}
    > eval exec ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE} ... ${COMMAND_LINE_ARGS}
    >
    > The former has a "variable"..WOFrameworksBaseURL@ that is replaced
    > by the correct value in build time (if WO not 5.2 or greater).

    Are you sure you are reading that correctly? Is that "5.2 and after"
    or is it "5.2 and before"? IIRC there were some startup changes
    around 5.2. I do recall that several people had trouble launching WO
    apps from Eclipse as it thought they had a WO 5.2 install (instead of
    5.3).

    > The latter doesn't have this variable and the final artifact
    > generated doesn't have any reference to the WOFrameworksBaseURL
    > property.
    >
    > Is this a mistake or there is a reason to not add the
    > WOFrameworksBaseURL property in the application's launch script for
    > WO 5.2 or greater?

    I think it should be there for versions > 5.2. But I am just guessing.

    Chuck

    --
    Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

    Come to WOWODC'09 in San Fran this June! http://www.wocommunity.org/wowodc09/