Re: woproject-ant-tasks appstart script doubt

From: Henrique Prange (hprang..mail.com)
Date: Wed May 13 2009 - 18:37:53 EDT

    Hi Tim,

    On May 13, 2009, at 6:59 PM, D Tim Cummings wrote:

    > Hi Henrique
    >
    > I notice that in the app startup script WOFrameworksBaseURL is added
    > after command line arguments. For example,
    >
    > eval exec ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE} ${JAVA_EXECUTABLE_ARGS} -classpath
    > WOBootstrap.jar com.webobjects._bootstrap.WOBootstrap $
    > {COMMAND_LINE_ARGS} -WOFrameworksBaseURL /WebObjects/
    > sf_advstand_200905011505.woa/Frameworks
    >
    > That means it can't be overridden by JavaMonitor which I agree with
    > you is a problem. I just tested this to be sure and was unable to
    > override with JavaMonitor. I would be happy for -
    > WOFrameworksBaseURL to be moved in front of ${COMMAND_LINE_ARGS}.
    > It would still override Properties files. I am not sure how many
    > people, apart from yourself, set WOFrameworksBaseURL in a Properties
    > file.

    That is a good argument to NOT change the startup script. :) I'll add
    a note on Wiki about this subject.

    I'm doing this configuration in the Properties file to let Maven be
    responsible for the property update, instead of delegating it to the
    guy that put applications into service.

    >> WOFrameworkBaseURL = /WebObjects/${project.build.finalName}.woa/
    >> Contents/Frameworks
    >
    > For WebServerResources,, the ant builds have moved Frameworks up a
    > folder so they are no longer in Contents.

    Maven doesn't use the new Ant stuff. That is why my configuration
    looks different.

    Cheers,

    Henrique