Java editor shortcuts seems to disable other letters

From: Guillaume Polet (guillaumedenal..mail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 03 2009 - 03:53:19 EDT

    Hello,

    Since I recently updated, I now have some problems in the Java editor in Eclipse. The shortcuts ALT+CTRL+1 2 or 3 works fine but I cannot get |,..and # to work (on my keyboard I can get these letters by pressing Alt Gr+1 2 or 3, belgian(dot) keyboard). I have to say that this is quite annoying for me as I have to type those letters quite often when programming. All my other text editors in Eclipse work fine, so my guess is that it comes from WOLips (there are other letters that I can get with the modifier Alt Gr that work fine). Has this been reported yet somewhere I couldn't find or should I file a bug in JIRA?

    I know that this can be quite tricky since the Alt Gr modifier is reported as ALT + CTRL when Alt Gr is not pressed with a compatible key (for example the key Alt+Gr+1 gives '|' (pipe) and is reported as Alt Gr and '|', but Alt Gr + Q does not match anything and is reported as ALT+CTRL+Q in Java, or simply pressing Alt Gr is reported as ALT+CTRL). I have added a picture of my keyboard mapping to give you maybe a clearer idea.

    Many thanks to the WOLips dev team,

    Guillaume Polet

    My Config:
    Windows XP
    Eclipse 3.4.1
    Java JDK 1.6.0_11
    WOLips 3.4.5800 (issue was already in 3.4.5693, but I updated first to check that it had not been solved)

    Other pictures of other keyboards mappings can be found here: http://www.lakefolks.org/cnt/lpacks.htm

    moz-screenshot-1.jpg