Re: WOLips Version

From: David Avendasora (webobject..vendasora.com)
Date: Wed Jun 17 2009 - 05:31:19 EDT

    On Jun 17, 2009, at 2:54 AM, Andreas Hjortsberg wrote:

    > Hello
    > Unfortunately did my hd crash on my development machine and now I
    > have some problems to get up and running again.
    > I'm still running on WO 5.2.4 and OS X Tiger, Xcode 2.4.1. Eclipse
    > 3.2.2, WOLips 2.0.0.4118
    > Can anyone tell me which is the latest release of WOLips suitable
    > for the above installation?
    > I can glady upgrade all except for WO 5.2.4 and Tiger.
    > I suppose I need to build it from a local build

    Sorry to hear about the hd. That hurts.

    Those are very old versions of Eclipse and WOLips, but both are still
    available for download. There's a _lot_ of really great new features,
    not to mention a ton of bug fixes, in the newer versions but it does
    require some work to convert your project over.

    I would recommend starting out with the versions you were using just
    to get back up and running, you can get those versions from:

    Eclipse 3.2.2: http://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.2.2-200702121330/index.php
    WOLips 4118: : Add an eclipse software update site and point it to: http://webobjects.mdimension.com/wolips/releases/4118/

    Then I'd recommend reading http://wolips.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html
      to understand the major changes in the "New Hotness" build of
    WOLips. You can download and install Eclipse 3.4.2, name it eclipse342
    (or similar, but with no spaces in the name) so you can have both
    installations. Then the latest Stable version of WOLips.

    Eclipse 3.4.2: http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4.2-200902111700/eclipse-SDK-3.4.2-macosx-carbon.tar.gz
    WOLips Stable: Add an eclipse software update site and point it to: http://webobjects.mdimension.com/wolips/stable/

    Then migrate your projects over to the newer version of the tools
    following the directions on the WOLips blog I linked to above.

    Good Luck!

    Dave