Re: All-In-One Installer bug

From: Rudolf B. Blažek (rblaze..mail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 19:11:54 EDT

    Dear Jeremy:

    Thanks for your response.

    1) I like the ownership of the folder /Developer/Apps/eclipse (and all
    files under) to be root:admin. I believe this is the way it should be.

    2) The point (1) above works OK with Eclipse 3.4.1 + WOLips

    3) (1) works OK with Eclipse 3.4.2 without WOLips

    4) (1) does NOT work after WOLips is installed in Eclipse 3.4,2 --- no
    matter if with the install is done via the binary installer of via
    Eclipse's Software Update Manager

    5) The above comments assume that Eclipse is run by a non-admin user

    6) Everything is fine in (4) if /Developer/Apps/eclipse and all files
    under are owned by the user in (5)

    So, the problem really seems related to file ownership and how WOLips
    is installed into Eclipse 3.4.2 by the Software Update Manager. It may
    be a bug in the Manager, in Eclipse, or is WOLips. Not sure. But see
    (2) --- (4) above again.

    Thanks
    Rudy