Re: All-In-One Installer bug

From: Jeremy Matthews (jeremymatthew..ac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 23:07:15 EDT

    Everyone has an opinion...I am open to changing it since I am not the
    principal user.

    Keep in mind that we're not going to plan on setting a per-user path
    (as in /Users/jeremy/.eclipse/blahblahblah) in the installation
    routine. At this point there are a few variables too many, and quite
    frankly, PackageMaker doesn't always get that right. It is best to use
    a single path for installation...and it really makes sense to use
    either /Developer or /Applications. And, at the time, the landslide
    opinion was the former.

    Of course, keep in mind that we're receiving conflicting stories about
    whether it is a installer bug or a wolips bug...

    Unfortunately, I rarely get feedback unless something is broken...I
    suppose now is a good time to see if anyone cares or has any thoughts.

    -j