Re: All-In-One Installer bug

From: Rudolf B. Blažek (rblaze..mail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 19 2009 - 00:59:58 EDT

    Dear Jeremy:

    Thanks for your response. Let me then summarize the problems and
    workarounds, so that people can benefit from this discussion:

    ISSUE 1
    Binary Instal of Eclipse + WOLips is broken (GUI does not start)

    Workaround:
    Change the ownership of /Developer/Applications/eclipse to the user
    who runs Eclipse
    chown -R joeuser:joeuser /Developer/Applications/eclipse

    ISSUE 2
    WOLips does not work with Eclipse 3.4.2 if installed as root

    Workarounds:

    A) Use the workaround from ISSUE 1 (change the ownership of /
    <install_path>/eclipse to the user who runs Eclipse)

    B) If several users need to use Eclipse with WOLips, use Eclipse 3.4.1
    --- Install Eclipse 3.4.1 into e.g. /Developer/Applications/eclipse
    --- Change the ownership of the install folder to root:admin
             chown -R root:admin /Developer/Applications/eclipse
    --- Install WOLips using the Software Manager in Eclipse
    --- Eclipse 3.4.1 will use the ~/.eclipse folder correctly, AFAIK

    Hope the workarounds may be useful to others.

    Best regards
    Rudy