Re: EntityModeler and Prototypes loading question

From: Kieran Kelleher (kieran_list..ac.com)
Date: Fri Jun 19 2009 - 17:14:44 EDT

    OK, answering my question (sort of) and posting the solution so I
    don't violate "Mike's thread ribbon rules" ;-) ....... it seems
    EntityModeler only merges your custom prototypes IF they are named
    EOPrototypes.

    So in summary, if you want a few custom prototypes in addition to
    Wonder's prototypes, just create a new proto framework called whatever
    you like and inside it a new EOModel named whatever you want and
    create a prototypes entity named "EOPrototypes". After you include
    that framework into your buildpath, your custom prototype attributes
    will be merged with the erprototypes in the ptototype drop-down in
    entity modeler.

    make sure to use a prefix such as "wk" or "my" or sth like that so
    your proto attribute names are namespaced and so they don't clash with
    erprototypes attribute names.

    Mike, if there is other conventions for custom proto entity names so
    that they get recognized by EntityModeler, please let us know, and I
    will post the info on the wiki.

    -Kieran