Re: Eclipse 3.5/Nightly/Stable

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 27 2009 - 07:56:06 EDT

    On 27/06/2009, at 1:39 PM, Mr. G Brown wrote:

    >>> what do you mean? i use this all the time ...
    >
    > I found the button!!!
    > How many years has that been there? : )
    >
    > Maybe I don't need Entity Modeler to generate SQL. (see WOL-986
    > below )

    I only use migrations.

    > Or getting Entity Modeler to work with those jar frameworks ?
    >>> i thought the jar framework posse already fixed this? jar people?

    Yes, the Entity Modeler has worked just fine with jar frameworks for
    _many_ months (over a year?).

    >>> I've been using models inside jar frameworks without any problems
    >>> in the past few months.
    >>
    >> Which version of WOLips are you using, Mr Brown? What kind of
    >> problem have you been facing related to this feature?
    >>
    > Entity modeler's SQL generation doesn't work with ERPrototypes
    > NSJarBundle Frameworks

    Ah, well as mentioned I never use sql generation from the modeler. It
    should (be made to) work, of course, but is certainly nothing that
    will stop someone from 'using' Entity Modeler with jar frameworks for
    any and every other purpose.

    The stack trace appears to suggest that the problem's in EOModel
    rather than a bug with Entity Modeler though.

    I just tested this as follows:
    - creating a new (maven-only) erx-application project via m2eclipse
    for wo54,
    - adjusted dependencies to include wonder.plugins.DerbyPlugin
    - created a new eomodel using Derby with EOJDBCDerbyPrototypes (remove
    frameworks auto-added by wizard from build path)
    - adjust connection dictionary in model as:
            Driver: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
            Plugin: Derby
    - created one entity, with two columns.

    Generating sql appeared to work just fine. Perhaps it's a bug in wo53?

    > Key: WOL-986
    >

    > ERPrototypes NSJarBundle Framework cause the below error message; a
    > workaround is to put the regular 'directory' framework before the
    > nsjarbundle framework on the classpath:
    >
    > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to read either 'jar:file:/
    > Volumes/OS9User/gbrown/.m2/repository/wonder/core/ERPrototypes/5.0.0-
    > SNAPSHOT/ERPrototypes-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/Resources/
    > erprototypes.eomodeld//index.eomodeld' or 'jar:file:/Volumes/OS9User/
    > gbrown/.m2/repository/wonder/core/ERPrototypes/5.0.0-SNAPSHOT/
    > ERPrototypes-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/Resources/erprototypes.eomodeld//
    > eomodel.plist
    > at com.webobjects.eoaccess.EOModel.<init>(EOModel.java:800)
    > at
    > com
    > .webobjects
    > .eoaccess.EOModelGroup.addModelWithPathURL(EOModelGroup.java:498)
    > at
    > org
    > .objectstyle
    > .wolips
    > .eomodeler.core.sql.EOFSQLGenerator.<init>(EOFSQLGenerator.java:121)
    > at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
    > Method)
    > at
    > sun
    > .reflect
    > .NativeConstructorAccessorImpl
    > .newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    > at
    > sun
    > .reflect
    > .DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl
    > .newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    > at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
    > at
    > org
    > .objectstyle
    > .wolips
    > .eomodeler
    > .core
    > .sql.EOFSQLGeneratorFactory.sqlGenerator(EOFSQLGeneratorFactory.java:
    > 36)
    > at
    > org
    > .objectstyle
    > .wolips
    > .eomodeler
    > .actions.GenerateSQLDialog.generateSql(GenerateSQLDialog.java:297)
    > at org.objectstyle.wolips.eomodeler.actions.GenerateSQLDialog
    > $1.run(GenerateSQLDialog.java:279)
    >
    > And, of coarse it works if I add the ERPrototypes framework
    > directory to the classpath, or just pet the fluffy bunny.

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck