Re: move to github?

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 03 2009 - 00:06:23 EDT

    On 03/07/2009, at 1:14 PM, Henrique Prange wrote:

    > Hi Mike,
    >
    > +0
    >
    > For me is a good chance to try Git related tools. But as I have
    > never used Git for real, I can't say I prefer Git instead of SVN.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Henrique
    >
    > Mike Schrag wrote:
    >> what do people think about moving wolips to github?

    I've been using git for some months (committing to work's svn) and
    yeah I concur with Q about Eclipse support being somewhat limited (as
    far as I can tell).
    Things I don't like:
    - have to have a clean master to update... so pushing off to stack,
    repopping ugh
    - slow checkouts

    Things I do like:
    - working offline, fixing commits (rare needs)

    But, Mike, if it makes you more productive:
    +1

    There's definitely a bit of a learning curve for using git properly.
    (I was on the git list for a while and the plethora of commands and
    the keyboard hoops required to do various things just made me thing -
    does it have to be this hard?)

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck