Re: Generating SQL in EntityModeler loads framework Principal class?

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon Jul 13 2009 - 13:04:49 EDT

    It's because Entity Modeler actually sets up a classpath on-the-fly
    that includes the frameworks in the project that contains your model.
    This allows us to actually load your custom database plugins that you
    may define (as well as Wonder's). If we didn't do this, things would
    get really strange -- you use FrontBasePlugIn from Wonder, for
    instance, but we wouldn't know that, and you just wouldn't get it when
    we sqlgen, which would make it fall back to the default 5.4.3 FBPlugin
    which would just generate bogus sql (it has a bug when calling through
    the 5.3 sql gen apis vs the 5.4.3 apis, which EOM does because it has
    to be compat w/ 5.3 and 5.4).

    ms