The Maven archtype and D2W, and Use same templates for project creation as ant

From: Greg Brown (gsbrow..mich.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 14 2009 - 17:23:26 EDT

    Hi,

    Maven project creation seems good with the 2.17 release. :>) I was
    wondering if there are plans to add D2W? Is there a roadmap? maybe
    2.18 ?

    I think the staunch Maven enthusiast and evangelist Chuck Hill,

    Opps, I misquoted Chuck Hill, sorry, I think he actually said:

    >> It would not be Maven if you could not spend some quality time
    >> dicking the with pom. :-P

    A slight difference, something must have happened with the email
    quoting mechanism :>)

    The above ideal would be perfect! (hmm, maybe that's me: Am I caught
    in a repeating loop?)

    Of course, FBL-ant D2W should work as well. (What's up with that?)

    There are differences in projects depending on what creates the
    project; e.g., for a new Wonder project:
      ant-fbl gets: ERXComponents vs maven: WOComponents, and so on.

    Can they share templates?

    BTW, every-time I create a component with maven (so I get a
    WOComponent, not EXRComponent), it doesn't put the .java file in the
    right place; it puts it right under /src NOT /src/main/java.

    Should I file a Jira or is this a well known behavior?

    > On Apr 6, 2009, at 12:40 PM, Greg Brown wrote:
    >

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> While we are on the subject...
    >>
    >> Would it be not reasonable to share the templates for a new
    >> project among the different project creators?
    >>
    >> Right now, if one creates a project with the eclipse wizard or the
    >> maven archetype, certain files (Application.java, Main.html,
    >> Properties, etc.) show up in the newly created project. But, of
    >> course, they differ in content based on which creator one used.
    >>
    >> Why? Why not share these templates in common, so that an eclipse
    >> Wonder app has the same Properties, Application.java, etc. as a
    >> maven Wonder app? etc. I imagine these files could just be pulled
    >> out of a jar or something. Why keep two separate source streams
    >> for these templates?

    ( Am I caught in a repeating loop?)

    Greg Brown
    gsbrow..mich.edu