Re: Changing path to alternative EOModels

From: Klaus Berkling (kberklin..yned.com)
Date: Thu Aug 13 2009 - 16:27:29 EDT

    On Aug 13, 2009, at 12:11 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > [...] one model and switch to prototypes :)

    Right, I just didn't want to cross that bridge just yet. I'll need to
    find some sample code.... (which is in Chucks book that I misplaced
    last time I moved...)

    I will also have to change the way we connect to the database since
    the connection urls are read in from a connection dictionary.
    Legacy ....

    Thanks.

    > ms
    >
    > On Aug 13, 2009, at 3:07 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:
    >

    >> On Aug 13, 2009, at 12:03 PM, Klaus Berkling wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi All.
    >>>
    >>> I have a WO framework that works with two databases, MySQL and
    >>> Oracle. I also have two separate EOModels. In Xcode I used to
    >>> change the path to the EOModels when I would make a new builds.
    >>> New builds would never contain both models.
    >>>
    >>> I now moved the thing to Eclipse and need to do the same there.
    >>> Properties in Eclipse nicely shows me the path to the model folder/
    >>> bundle, is there a way to change the path? (This is probably not
    >>> limited eomodels.)
    >>>
    >>> Yes I know I should use one model and use prototypes, Chuck. :-)
    >>

    >> <bites tongue really, really hard>
    >>
    >> Not sure how to do this in Eclipse (not that you should, mind you).
    >>
    >> Chuck
    >>
    >> --
    >> Chuck Hill Senior Consultant / VP Development
    >>
    >> Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their
    >> overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific
    >> problems.
    >> http://www.global-village.net/products/practical_webobjects

    kib

    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to
    continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

    Klaus Berkling
    Web Application Dev. & Systems Administrator
    DynEd International, Inc.
    www.dyned.com | www.eskimo.com/~kiberkli