Re: Changing path to alternative EOModels

From: Klaus Berkling (kberklin..yned.com)
Date: Thu Aug 13 2009 - 16:35:04 EDT

    On Aug 13, 2009, at 12:14 PM, Ray Kiddy wrote:

    > It may be simpler to have code that grabs the correct model, adds it
    > to an EOModelGroup and then sets the default EOModelGroup to that
    > group.
    >
    > As far as I can remember, If this is done in the Application
    > constructor, the EO-level initialization will still happen correctly.
    >
    > A custom Property (settable in eclipse) can be used by the code to
    > decide which model to put in the model group.

    This should all be do-able. I just looked at my code and it already
    gets the model name from the connection dictionary which leaves me
    open to add a MySQL model and an Oracle model.

    But am I not going to get errors with non-unique entity names?

    Thanks

    kib

    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to
    continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

    Klaus Berkling
    Web Application Dev. & Systems Administrator
    DynEd International, Inc.
    www.dyned.com | www.eskimo.com/~kiberkli