Re: NPE at startup of my woapps (again)

From: Nicolas Daniels (nicolas.daniel..wing.be)
Date: Fri Aug 21 2009 - 04:22:45 EDT

    Thanks Mike and Chuck for your answer, it sounds logical to use eclipse
    3.4 with wolips 3.4, unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem.

    I'm now using Eclipse 3.4.2 with wolips 3.4.5915 (tried also with
    3.4.5830) and I've the same error at my application startup (except for
    some code line number in the stack):

    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.jdt.classpath.model.EclipseDependency.getSystemRoot(EclipseDependency.java:63)
    at
    org.objectstyle.woenvironment.frameworks.Dependency.isAppleProvided(Unknown
    Source)
    at
    org.objectstyle.woenvironment.frameworks.DependencyOrdering.orderDependencies(Unknown
    Source)
    at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.launching.classpath.WORuntimeClasspathProvider.resolveClasspath(WORuntimeClasspathProvider.java:112)
    at
    org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.RuntimeClasspathProvider.resolveClasspath(RuntimeClasspathProvider.java:60)
    at
    org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.resolveRuntimeClasspath(JavaRuntime.java:1187)
    at
    org.eclipse.jdt.launching.AbstractJavaLaunchConfigurationDelegate.getClasspath(AbstractJavaLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:417)
    at
    org.objectstyle.wolips.launching.delegates.WOJavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.getClasspath(WOJavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:125)
    at
    org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaLaunchDelegate.launch(JavaLaunchDelegate.java:71)
    at
    org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:764)
    at
    org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:614)
    at
    org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:865)
    at
    org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1068)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

    I tried with the stable and the nightly, behavior is the same...
    I also tried with a new project in a new workspace, no change.

    Config reminder:
    Eclipse 3.4.2 - WOLips/M2Eclipse
    JDK 1.6 update 16 (64 bits)
    OS: Win VISTA 64 bits Ultimate